Power Electronics Control Engineer
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, a customer focused global provider of high voltage power supplies, X-Ray generator and Monoblocks® - provides custom products for medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research, security, industrial process controls, semiconductor manufacturing and undersea data transmission.
As a part of our continuous focus on offering high performance and cutting-edge products and solutions, the field of advanced power conversion, power management and controls is of strategic and critical importance. In this context, Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corp. is seeking a highly talented, motivated, creative and experienced engineer in the field of Power Electronics and Digital Controls.
For this critical role, our expectations are to focus on the design, development, implementation, testing, and documentation of digital controls solutions. Further, we anticipate this role will bring a deep understanding and knowledge of power electronics, power conversion, digital circuit design and general functional knowledge of magnetic design principles
- Develops control algorithms and associated firmware for power converters
- Performs modeling and simulation for power converters
- Plan and perform firmware testing and validation using HIL and a full hardware setup
- Participate in inverter and control circuitry hardware analysis, design, and development
- Implement, test, and troubleshoot firmware and hardware
- Create technical reports and presentations
- Carryout research, development, simulation, implementation, and verification in the field of advanced power electronics converter digital controls
- Support the Spellman High Voltage engineering team in other related activities on a need basis
- Review and interpret customer requirements
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and 2-5 years of experience in the development of control firmware for power electronics converters and/or electric motor drives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the development of control firmware for power converters and/or electric motors drives.
- Deep understanding of power conversion principles and basic converter topologies
- Feedback control theory, tuning and stability analysis in continuous and discrete domain
- Embedded control design, and working knowledge of the C programming language
- Experience with circuit simulation and code generation software
- Digital control of inverters or other power conversion digital control techniques
- Knowledge of power electronics hardware
- Knowledge of real time operating systems, digital signal processing, and digital control
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.