Materials / Logistics Manager
The main function for this position is to supervise and guide toward continuous improvement of all activities and objectives for the Matamoros stockrooms, tool crib, shipping area and Brownsville Warehouse through optimal utilization of resources assigned. Work with Sr Supply Chain Manager to ensure that the Matamoros & Brownsville locations meet company requirements for a safe and ethical workplace; satisfies internal and external customer needs; complies with all legal requirements and company policy. This role will be mostly located at our Matamoros, Mexico site with occasional work at the Brownsville location (90% in Matamoros, 10% in Brownsville)
- This is a key position with requirements to be comfortable supervising &/or directly engaging with colleagues in performing all stockroom, shipping & warehouse functions.
- Supervise, guide and develop the respective teams, to ensure that daily plans/task assigned are met and monthly objectives are reached.
- Define, train and supervise employees’ standard work
- Ensure that environmental, health, safety and security awareness and practices comply with regulatory bodies and company policy and practices
- Effectively supervise day to day plan requirements
- Develop and maintain cross training program
- Establish goals and objectives for all employees linked to the Spellman annual objectives.
- Develop and deploy plans and initiatives for continuous improvement to achieve the operating plan goals
- Maintain and track relevant key performance indicators (KPI’s) to measure performance
- Identify opportunities in Matamoros & Brownsville to implement continuous improvement projects aligned to compliance with EHS&S, C-TPAT, legal requirements, ISO, Continuous Improvement assessments or pertinent Spellman policy.
- Interact with support departments like planning, logistics, sales, sister sites, ERP/IT group and operations and make sure all needs are covered and best practices are shared.
- Participate actively in daily production meetings with operations and report relevant status to internal and external customers as required.
- Manage relationship between Spellman and third-party suppliers such as RARE, AGACE, carrier representatives, & others to ensure that they are aligned to our goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain PFMEA as part of a risk mitigation plan
- Optimize inventory storage capability and space utilization to meet goals and objectives.
- Inventory Management: Successfully manage the cycle count program and report results along with continuous improvement plans.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Effectively supervise the maintenance, orderliness and cleanliness of the facilities and assets within the practices of 6S methodology.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for personnel to support customer needs, legal requirements, safety policies and regulations, CTAPT, ISO, C/I assessment or other pertinent Spellman policy.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 7 years of managing similar materials/logistics environments, preferably within a twin plant maquiladora framework
- Relevant college degree or equivalent proven work experience required
- Practical working level ERP experience
- Experience working with customer information portals is a plus
- CPIM &/or CSCP certification preferred
- Working knowledge of import/export requirements for maquiladora environments, domestic logistics, and international shipments globally is required.
- Practical working knowledge of INCOTERMS and basic contract language interpretation
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills and competencies are required
- Bilingual in English and Spanish Required
- Intermediate skills with Word, Excel (formula / Pivot Tables), MS Access, PowerPoint, One Note, Visio, and SharePoint required; Data Cube Experience is a plus
- Able to effectively present information to stakeholders
- Ability to analyze data and create reports which accurately reflect the state of operation
- Knowledge and experience managing continuous improvement projects. Lean/Six Sigma experience a plus
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Human Resource tactical administration
- Flexible work schedule. Willing to work weekends to cover special events/situations, like end of month, etc. and ensure that work is completed on time (minimal twice per month).
Working conditions are normal for an office environment & warehouse area. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for periods; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone. Capable of lifting typical permissible loads for a warehouse environment.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.