Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
As a member of the Model Shop team, the Coil Winder plays an important role in the development of new products and electronic designs. Working directly with Design Engineers and Engineering Technicians, the coil winder assembles transformers and coil assemblies in accordance with drawings, procedures, manufacturing instructions, BOM’s and ECN’s and assist with assembly of prototype units.
- Follow techniques used in the process of transformer and coil assembly
- Utilize schematics, blueprints, engineering sketches, and verbal instructions to build coil and transformer assemblies
- Maintain records of assembly, progress, and problems
- Consult with supervisor on department scheduling
- Report works status and design questions to supervisor and relevant engineer
- Consult with supervisor, engineering, or manufacturing engineering on complex projects
- Wire, solder, fabricate, and assemble prototype units
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in an R & D environment
- Able to utilize schematics, blueprints and wiring diagrams, ability to identify components
- Excellent soldering skills and sheet metal experience
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience working in a prototype environment is desired
- Proficiency in machining abilities
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and products up to 50 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to eye safety glasses and work safety shoes. Will be working with units producing high voltages, which may also produce x-rays. Loose fitting cloths and jewelry are not permitted.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.