Senior Human Resources Manager
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
The Senior Human Resources Manager will be directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the Human Resource function across multiple plants. Responsibilities will include the development and administration of various HR processes and procedures, as well as the management of the Mexico Employee relations department. This individual must possess detailed knowledge of Mexican employment laws and customs. In addition, the candidate must have the ability to easily partner with Operations management to provide excellent client services and guidance with regards to employee relations, staffing, compensation, regulatory compliance, and policy interpretation, ensuring the execution of Spellman’s business strategy.
- Determines and recommends Employee Relations practices, strategies and directions (both union and non-union) necessary to establish a positive relationship and promote a high level of employee morale
- Develop and implement guidelines to ensure compliance with Mexico labor laws, lawful behavior, reporting, and posting information as required
- Supervise employee relations issues including, “Voice of the Employee” surveys, labor relations, employee handbook administration, company communications, and labor law compliance/application
- Implement processes to ensure HR data integrity is maintained within the Global HRIS system
- Manage and ensure compliance with ethical conduct in conjunction with the Employee Manual
- Responsible to design, implement and track key HR indicators such as turnover, absenteeism and disciplinary actions between others
- Facilitate employees’ participation in Company committees such as cafeteria, events, reward and recognition, EHS and diversity and inclusion
- Responsible for the administration of compensation and benefits strategy
- Supervisory responsibility for the oversight, mentorship and development of a team of five Human Resources Specialists, Human Resources Business Partners and Human Resources Coordinators
- Bachelor’s degree (or above) in Human Resources
- 10+ years of HR experience
- 5+ years of managerial experience
- Coaching experience a plus, or commitment to developing internal coaching skills
- Strong knowledge of local labor legislation
- Effective leadership skills
- Proven track record in refining and improving HR systems, processes and procedures
- Proven experience in leading the HR function in a large multi-national manufacturing services environment
- Maturity to operate within an open, frequent feedback-based High Performance Team
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Ability to work independently with multiple stakeholders at various levels, as well as part of a team (both locally in Mexico as well as with a broader global HR team)
- Working knowledge of Labor and Environmental Laws
- Willingness to learn and understand Mexican requirements
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. Employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by employees’ supervisor and/or manager.
Working conditions are normal for both an office and manufacturing environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone. May be required to lift items up to 30 lbs.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.