Manager, Manufacturing Engineering
Manages all aspects of the organization's processes for manufacturing operations and new product introduction. Lead and mentor the Manufacturing Engineers to design, implement and continuously improve safe, efficient, agile, and repeatable processes that produce high-quality products & services to our internal and external customers at the best possible cost.
- Manage the strategic and day to day activities of the Manufacturing Engineers
- Responsible to create an efficient organizational structure; and for the recruitment, hiring, performance management, and compensation reviews of the team members
- Design and implement safe and efficient processes within Operations for manufacturability and product / process quality by utilizing best practices and Lean techniques such as poka-yoke, Design and Process FMEAs, CAPA, and creative problem solving
- Accountable for setting standard (target) times for assembly and test
- Collaborate with Quality and Engineering for early DFM, NPI, and NPT integration into Operations.
- Drive continuous process improvements through lean/six sigma methodologies
- Cultivate a positive and respectful work environment by developing strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Work with Operations team to improve GP/CM
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering or related field
- DFT/Lean Certification preferred
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt preferred
- 10+ years of experience in an electronics manufacturing environment
- 5+ years management responsibility
- Required computer skills: Microsoft Project, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Auto-Cad LT, ERP systems
- Excels at problem solving, influencing, and team building
- Strong oral and written communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Lean / 6-Sigma experience a plus
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone; able to lift and move up to 15 pounds occasionally.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.