Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, a customer focused global provider of high voltage power supplies, X-Ray generator and Monoblocks® - provides custom products for medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research, security, industrial process controls, semiconductor manufacturing and undersea data transmission.
The Stockroom Manager will supervise team members in receiving, handling, storing and shipment activities within the stockroom. The individual in this position will also be responsible for maintaining data on key performance indicators (KPI’s) and analyzing performance and accuracy of the department. The Stockroom Manager will support training initiatives of department employees on all related functions.
- Ensure completion of all stockroom processes including kit pulling, and receiving and stocking of materials into the stockroom
- Oversee the storage and distribution operations of products and materials
- Ensure a safe working environment
- Coordinate and lead team efforts including Lean initiatives
- Maintain a Department training schedule for team members including cross training, OJT, etc.
- Plan, develop, and implement stockroom safety and security programs and activities
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to realize efficiency gains in material movement and storage
- Post department KPI’s and analyze performance to trend data and improve metrics
- Ensure inventory accuracy through data driven root cause analysis/problem solving activities
- Manage the work of individual contributors and take responsibility for coaching and developing employees, and monitoring and appraising job performances.
- Associates Degree or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 6+ years relevant work experience
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role as a Manager
- Proficiency in material management
- Experienced user of MRP/ERP software
- Experience working in a Lean environment is strongly preferred. Experience implementing Lean initiatives is a plus
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated experience with successfully training and developing employees
- Experience with conducting performance reviews taking disciplinary action when needed
- Required to lift up to 50 lbs.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard and/or workbench for extended periods; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis.
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. Employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by employees’ supervisor and/or manager.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.