Accounts Payable Specialist
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
The individual in this position will be responsible for processing invoices and payments in a timely fashion.
- High-volume matching of invoices with purchase orders and receiving documents-target volume data entry of 100 invoices/day using the Glovia accounting system.
- Prepare check runs to ensure that all discounts are taken and that accurate and timely payments are made.
- Resolve issues with vendors.
- Ensure proper matching of purchasing and receiving documents.
- Ensure proper distribution to general ledger expense accounts
- Timely and accurate payments, making full use of available discounts and proper filing and storage of records.
- May assist Payroll department with weekly Payroll on occasion.
- 5-10 years of high-volume Accounts Payable experience
- Ability to multitask, organizational and analytical skills are essential.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Strong Excel skills are required.
- Must have the ability to motivate and communicate effectively with other members of the team.
- Accuracy, proficiency and dependability are a must.
- Payroll experience a plus.
- Associates Degree in Accounting or a related field is a plus.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.