The Production Planner is responsible for planning, scheduling, and coordinating finished goods and assemblies through the production cycle. They work with management to ensure the schedule meets customer and company needs as well as ensures that production schedule maximizes equipment utilization and minimizes inventory utilization in a mixed MRP/Lean environment. The Production Planner evaluates and reports potential problem areas to management. They have a wide latitude for independent judgment and work under minimal supervision.
- Plan material requirements from MPS/MRP exception reports
- Team member to work with production to achieve on time delivery and customer satisfaction
- Release and schedule manufacturing work orders to satisfy customer delivery dates
- Coordinate all material movement to produce short free on time work orders
- Expedite as required all internal manufacturing departments, engineering, sales and purchasing
- Provide build schedules to manufacturing departments
- Execute and timely implementation of engineering change notices
- Participate in Lean activity / value stream mapping and continuous improvements.
- Work with production to develop labor capacity plans
- Work within the ERP system to provide lead times for new business opportunities
- Monitory working in process to ensure timely completion
- Continuous effort to improve establish Key Performance Indicators
- High School Diploma or equivalent; AA degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in an Electronic Production Control environment utilizing an ERP system
- Knowledge within a mixed MRP/Lean business is a plus
- APICS certification a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with a working knowledge of spreadsheets
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- MRP/ERP knowledge/experience
- Shop floor control experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing process
- Understand specification, diagrams, and engineering drawings
- Team player who can collaborate effectively with individuals of varying experience
- Experience with planning & scheduling tools (SAP, MS Project, Oracle, Glovia)
- Must be highly organized and able to multitask when necessary
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist, and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone; able to lift and move up to 15 pounds occasionally.
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. Employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by employees’ supervisor and/or manager.