Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, the world’s leading provider of high voltage power supplies, X-Ray generator and Monoblocks® provides custom products for medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research, security, industrial process controls, semiconductor manufacturing and intercontinental communications.
The Director of Quality is the primary Quality Site Leader for our Matamoros site. He/she is responsible for strategic and tactical quality planning, for ensuring that all product shipping from their site is compliant with internal product specifications and meets all customer requirements.
- Responsible for a site
- Lead, mentor, and motivate all members of site Quality Organization
- Provide timely/concise communication and escalation of issues to the site Managing Director and the VP of Quality and relevant international CCN Management staff
- Manage all internal Quality Audits, including but not limited to; process, product, and compliance
- Develop and monitor key quality goals & objectives for products and processes
- Establish strong, solid customer relationships with SHVH’s top customers and advocate on their behalf for improved quality and product reliability
- Reduce COPQ by analyzing, understanding and resolving the primary drivers of high rework, scrap and warranty costs
- Continually improve the effectiveness of the QMS
- Communicate effectively and timely within the organization
- Define Quality Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), Develop action plans and execute
- Manage Corrective Action/Preventive Action (CAPA) Process
- Proactively engage with Engineering, Sales, and Operations to identify and resolve issues
- Develop and manage a robust Supplier Quality system
- Mine quality data to identify trends and initiate appropriate actions
- Assume responsibility for data integrity
- Provide quality support for Product Development, NPI and NPT process to continuously drive quality improvement
- Actively participate in strategic goal setting as required by the VP of Quality
- Roll out “Best Practices” into his/her site location
- Develop and manage labor, expense and capital budgets
- Develop site initiatives based on corporate strategic objectives.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by VP of Quality and/or as dictated by needs of the business and approved by VP of Quality.
- BS/ MS in Electrical Engineering
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer certification a Plus
- 15 years of experience as a Senior Quality Professional / Quality Director or Manager
- Demonstrated success motivating staff to drive quality improvements in a multinational company across language and cultural barriers
- Experience in Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Strong experience with electrical, mechanical, and electro-mechanical assembly, dielectrics, injection molding, and PCB’s
- Lean Experience / Six Sigma Experience
- Experience in implementing and sustaining world class Quality Management Systems
- ISO9000 & 14001 experience
- FDA regulatory experience / ISO13485 experience a plus
- Strong SMT, TH, and large system electronic assembly experience
- Lead Free (RoHS) experience
- Excellent SPC Experience (Control Charts, Pareto Analysis, Histograms, FMEA’s, etc.)
- Experience with HALT & HASS
- Expert knowledge and deployment of quality tools
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, Minitab, as well as hardware and software tools to accomplish day to day work activities
Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. Employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by employees’ supervisor and/or manager.