Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, a privately owned, rapidly growing B2B company is seeking a creative and seasoned leader to expand and enhance global operations. Spellman designs and manufactures power conversion products for systems used in medical diagnostic imaging, sub-microscopic material analysis, security, industrial inspection, semiconductor manufacturing and underwater data transmission.
Analyze existing processes, recommend and implement process improvements. Review documentation requirements, generate manufacturing instructions and procedures, and generate ECN’s to correct errors or improve manufacturability. Develop new processes and introduce new equipment to existing processes. Work under moderate supervision and may consult with senior peers on certain complex projects.
- Develop manufacturing processes that will improve the efficiency, repeatability and quality of end products and sub-assemblies
- Utilize lean tools such as DFT, and VSM to improve processes and product flow
- Generate time/labor standards and routings to enable an understanding of capacity, load and efficiency
- Design assembly fixtures and tooling to aid in the manufacture of assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Identify improvement opportunities in cost, quality, and repeatability using tools such as PFMEA
- Develop and maintain operational procedures
- Generate manufacturing instructions and procedures in support of product build requirements and generate ECN’s as required
- Support the introduction of new products through DFM reviews, product readiness reviews, process and fixture development, and assembly documentation
- Review defect data, analyze potential root causes and implement corrective actions as required
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or a related field
- 2-7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Competent in Microsoft Project, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Auto-Cad LT, ERP systems
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25%
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots and hard hats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. Employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by employees’ supervisor and/or manager.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly