Apprentice/Graduate Internal Sales Engineer
The medium-sized company Spellman High Voltage Electronics Ltd, based in Pulborough, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, based in Hauppauge, New York, in the United States. Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corp. is a leading manufacturer of high voltage power supplies and X-ray generators with offices in Germany, the United States, England, China and Mexico.
We are looking to hire an Internal Sales Engineer for our Pulborough, England office. This person will assist the Sales Director and Regional Sales Managers (RSM) to develop new business and increase sales
with customers and distributors as well as support RSMs with existing key accounts as required, with the preparation of technical information, quotations and support information. He/she will provide support for Spellman UK products and collaborate with the Spellman corporate sales team, building internal relations to achieve objectives, as well as promote and develop excellent customer satisfaction and
enhancing the Company’s reputation.
- Follow up sales inquiries, under the guidance of the RSMs and SD, identifying requirements, selecting the appropriate product to offer and preparation of detailed quotations and proposals on the Company
- Customer Relationships Management (CRM) System.
- Responsibility for providing accurate and timely information and support to global RSMs to support their customers and new enquiries therefore helping to maintain a high level of customer experience and generating new business through new and existing customers.
- Support the external RSM’s through the complete selling process: generating leads, preparing costings, participating in internal and external project reviews, and supporting the product through to production.
- Supporting the internal Sales Admin team and customers with application and technical product information, to ensure accuracy and customer satisfaction.
- Carrying out detailed marketing analysis for products and preparing reports for presentation to management on the position and competitiveness of UK products in the Market place.
- Generate sales leads by identifying requirements and target customers through market research.
- Mine the company CRM system to identify potential customers that can be developed further and provide reports to the RSM and Sales Director.
- Promoting sales of Spellman’s standard and customised products manufactured in all facilities.
- Preparation of costings for new and existing products, under the guidance of the Sales Director and Engineering Director, and providing quotation information to RSMs or on the company CRM system for presentation to customers.
- Continuous development knowledge of high voltage applications and product offerings in existing and new markets.
- Maintain the ability to support Sales Admin by Processing customer order entry into the MRP system and expediting accordingly.
- Keep informed and support IS09001 Quality and IS014001 Environmental requirements and improvement activities
- Commit to achieving the Company business, Quality and Environmental objectives and policies and contributing to continuous improvements within the Sales function.
- Provide fast and effective responses to customers and new enquiries as directed by the SD and RSMs and obtain new business where appropriate by providing excellent customer service and sales skills whilst being capable of discussing applications and issues on a technical level.
- Support the Sales Director in developing new standard products and literature to promote to the Sales organisation, taking responsibility for literature accuracy and dissemination to the Spellman Global Sales Teams.
- Develop Market reports focused on UK products position in the marketplace, with recommendations to help increase sales.
- Work with the Marcom group to develop PR to promote the Sales of existing and new products developed by the UK facility.
- Provide assistance to the Sales Administration team, to ensure that new Customer Orders are accurately and completely defined on the MRP system, to ensure that we provide exactly what the customer has ordered or needs. Be familiar and aware of how the company ERP system works, and how to enter customer purchase orders.
- Preferably HNC/HND/Degree level in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or ideally a technical background within an engineering discipline.
- Ideally with Experience in administrating enquiry handling, product specifying, costing, quoting and order processing.
- Good communication skills, both verbally in written form, communicating with customer and internal Spellman departments.
- Excellent organisation, problem solving skills and interpersonal skills.
- MS Office and sales contact databases experience.
- Ability to priorities workload, and the work under pressure to provide what our customers value.
The above responsibilities are not exhaustive, and you may be required to fulfil other duties and responsibilities
from time to time for which you are reasonably qualified.