Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generators and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
The Sales Engineer will report directly to the Regional Sales Manager, Western US. A Sales Engineer is responsible for assisting with Spellman’s sales within the designated region. The Sales Engineer will achieve sales objectives by executing sales strategies for markets defined by or in collaboration with the Regional Manager. Executing these sales directly will be the main function of the position and implementing appropriate tactics in order to achieve sales targets will be an integral part of the responsibilities. This is a key position with a dynamic organization in a major territory.
- Collage Degree in a scientific or engineering discipline (EE or Physics preferred).
- 5 years minimum experience in OEM sales of highly engineered, electronic equipment to a sophisticated, high tech customer base.
- Related sales experience in power electronics or one of our application areas.
- Tenacious and persistent sales person with good managerial/ interpersonal skills; builds strong relationships with customers and partners.
- Strong presentation and writing skills.
- Excellent understanding of sales techniques and customer service principles and the ability to apply these principles in the field.
- Aptitude for account management and business development.
- Interest and ability to travel, mostly within assigned region.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications, e-mail, and customer contact/reporting systems, etc.
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute to a team of professionals.
- Ability to respond to urgent situations appropriately by prioritization and customer focus
- Strong attention to detail and professionalism in all correspondence and business-related activities.
- Contribute to strategic business plans including budgets, forecasts and sales activities.
- Represent the Company in a professional and fully ethical manner.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.