Maintenance Lead Mechanic
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, a customer focused global provider of high voltage power supplies, X-Ray generator and Monoblocks® - provides custom products for medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research, security, industrial process controls, semiconductor manufacturing and undersea data transmission.
Supervise the overall operation, maintenance, and security of facilities, equipment, and grounds at both New York Spellman locations. Maintain compliance with all procedures, policies, and regulations and ensure timely response to regulatory issues and inspection findings. Perform maintenance, safety and construction tasks as needed.
- Assign work orders and responsibilities to Facilities Staff and supervise the completion of assignments
- Report to management on facilities-related metrics
- Coordinate all safety activities and findings with the safety officer
- Recommend and coordinate any changes to our safety or environmental policies with EHS Manager
- Ensure that projects meet specifications and budgets
- Resolve issues and contribute to the business unit/area development
- Direct and assign work orders to maintenance mechanics
- Ensure all contractors/Vendors have up to date Hold Harmless agreement and Insurance Cert.
- Snow removal
- Assist Facilities Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Hazardous Waste Training
- Trade school diploma preferred but not necessary
- Experience maintaining a manufacturing facility required
- 8+ years of related work
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Must have a strong emphasis on safety
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel. Familiarity with Microsoft Project a plus
- Broad knowledge of the field with strong leadership skills, construction and communication skills
- Familiar with TPM, knowledge of electric standards, HVAC and carpentry
- Valid New York State driver’s license, clear of convictions
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds. Maintenance Lead Mechanics sometimes have to work in extreme heat or cold or in awkward or uncomfortable positions. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to, eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resume to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.