Supplier Quality Engineer
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, a customer focused global provider of high voltage power supplies, X-Ray generator and Monoblocks® - provides custom products for medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research, security, industrial process controls, semiconductor manufacturing and undersea data transmission.
The Supplier Quality Engineer reports to the Sr. Director of Quality Assurance and is responsible for managing and resolving a wide variety of Supplier Quality issues. Potential customer issues to resolve include working in conjunction with Manufacturing, Procurement, and Engineering. Additionally, the SQE will work with critical suppliers to improve quality levels through effective root cause analysis of quality problems and use of proactive approaches to quality improvement.
- Perform qualification audits of potential, new suppliers
- Drive continuous improvement of incoming quality levels to support manufacturing, cost, capacity and delivery goals
- Conduct periodic surveillance audits of existing suppliers to address process deficiencies impacting quality performance.
- Generate and distribute periodic quality scorecards to critical suppliers and utilize scores to monitor progress and drive quality improvement
- Track Supplier Quality Issues and drive them to closure in a timely manner
- Drive scrap reduction initiatives
- Identify and recommend disqualification of suppliers based on chronically poor performance.
- Support Procurement in the identification and qualification of alternate suppliers to ensure source of supply and realize cost reduction opportunities
- Coordinate supplier activities across the enterprise.
- 5 – 10 years as an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer, willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred; or Bachelors; in a technical discipline such as Industrial, Mechanical, or equivalent
- Experience and demonstrated ability to drive improvement of supplier’s quality performance and strong background in quality auditing
- Experience with electrical, electro-mechanical, plastics, metal, injection molding, and PCB suppliers
- Lead Free (RoHS) manufacturing process knowledge
- Statistical Processes Control (SPC) knowledge and application
- Working knowledge of ISO9000, ISO14001 Quality Systems. FDA Regulatory knowledge a plus
- Ability to read and understand, mechanical drawings, specifications, Bills of Materials, etc.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively , both orally and in written form
- Produce a work product that is concise and easily understood
- Ability to simultaneously focus on multiple activities in a fast paced competitive environment
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, and make sound decisions
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems
- Ability to do business internationally and to communicate effectively across language, and cultural barriers
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Project, and Power Point as well as software and hardware tools required to accomplish day-to-day work activities.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.