Senior Data Analyst
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generators and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
This position will lead efforts to methodize and analyze global Sales, Business Development and Marketing data to the organization, supporting global leadership to develop and streamline global processes, tools and systems for the preparation of analysis, reports, management of metrics (KPIs), and execution of presentations and special projects as assigned. Reporting to the Director - Hauppauge Sales, Strategic Marketing and Analytics, this global and diverse role will include analytic initiatives, conducting sophisticated analysis on Sales, Business Development, Marketing, and competitors to draw insights and support the continuous improvement and strategy development of the Sales and Business Development functions. The Business Analyst will oversee the management, measurement and communication of Sales and Business Development data globally, and play a key role in driving consistent and accurate analysis, owning/managing discrete processes/systems, and utilizing best practices and data visualizations. The candidate will also serve as a subject matter expert on projects related to Sales data and analytics.
- Champion and own customer data and analytic methodologies, driving efficiencies, insights, timely publication of information, process improvements, deep insights and decision support for the business as a whole.
- Investigate trends, anomalies, variances and provide meaningful explanations.
- Synthesize complex or diverse information and perform analysis by processing data, reconciling against multiple data sources/systems, while being creative in finding new ways to interpret data.
- Create data visualizations to graphically represent information and data in a usable way to easily see and understand trends, outliers and patterns in data using PowerPoint and Excel.
- Regularly interface with management to provide information and recommendations and develop data insights that help identify and solve business needs.
- Distribute regular reports, documents, charts and prepare analysis and presentations including but not limited to: forecasts, budgets, monthly and quarterly financials; dashboard reporting, KPIs, incorporating commentary, insights and recommendations.
- Contribute to the set up of an early warning system/controls to track sales and financial anomalies in real time, and take urgent decisions and corrective actions.
- Investigate key business questions and provide recommendations to support data-driven decision making for our products and business.
- Administer relevant databases
- Drive and/or contribute to relevant projects across the regional and global platform to establish, maintain and improve processes, systems and standards.
- Develop close links across the global team and with key business partners in Finance, Technology, Operations, and other groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Management or related field.
- 5+ years' experience in an analytical role, preferably in the manufacturing industry.
- Experience working with large and complex data sets and experience with data visualization/Power BI software.
- Familiarity with relational databases, SQL, PowerPoint, Excel (formula/Pivot Tables), Access, and other Common BI tools; Familiarity with ERP (Glovia) and CRM (Microsoft Dynamics) a plus.
- Ability to analyze data and create reports which accurately reflect the state of the business.
- Able to effectively present information to stakeholders globally at all levels of the organization.
- Motivated team player and flexible in approach with ability to work independently.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, working to tight deadlines and flexible to meet workload.
- A methodical thinker, exceptional at problem solving, and able to deal with ambiguity, and resolve complex issues.
- Excellent verbal and written skills; presenting ideas in a clear, concise and constructive manner.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.