Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, a customer focused global provider of high voltage power supplies, X-Ray generator and Monoblocks® - provides custom products for medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research, security, industrial process controls, semiconductor manufacturing and undersea data transmission.
This role within the Manufacturing Engineering group will support Packing Operations by designing and developing packaging for new products. Conduct reviews on existing packaging for improvements, specifies inter-plant packaging, and investigates product claims regarding packaging issues. This individual will collaborate with product development, manufacturing operations, lean implementation teams and quality assurance on new requirements, product transfers, and continuous improvement projects. The Packaging engineer will understand and execute organizational goals and strategic plans, product and technology roadmaps, reviews quality and performance data, and generates action plans.
- This opportunity is a Manufacturing Engineering role supporting Packaging Operations.
- Supports both processes and projects, with day-to-day assignments supporting ongoing operations as well as long term projects supporting overall strategic vision.
- Participates in multifunctional site level teams as well as global initiatives.
- Develops project schedules and assists in tracking costs, preparing status reports, conducting meetings, documenting and communicating progress to management.
- Supports new equipment acquisition efforts including machine selection, installation, validation, employee training, and other related equipment responsibilities as required.
- Assists in writing and updating packaging specifications, updates/authors standard operating procedures and conducts training of Packaging Operations personnel.
- Provides process-engineering support for existing processes, including hands-on equipment troubleshooting and failure analysis for automated packaging/labeling machines and other computer-integrated systems.
- Participates in and leads continuous improvements to existing Packaging Operations.
- Supports activities associated with scrap reduction, Non-Conformance investigations, Corrective and Preventative Actions
- Bachelor's Degree in Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering, or a related field is required.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a packaging and/or manufacturing engineering environment is required.
- Proficient using Microsoft Project, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Auto-Cad (LT), ERP Systems
- Strong oral and written communication, presentation and leadership skills
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.