The medium-sized company Spellman High Voltage Electronics GmbH, based in Bochum, which is a a wholly owned subsidiary of Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, based in Hauppauge, New York, in the United States, develops, produces and sells high-frequency X-Ray generators and supplies imaging systems for the general medical X-Ray market. Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corp. is a leading manufacturer of high voltage power supplies and X-ray generators with offices in Germany, the United States, England, China and Mexico.
Our focus on the German market and the development of our capability in Germany has been and continues to be one of the top business priorities. Germany is focused on the medical imaging, manufacturer and developer of the medical X-Ray generator. In order to continue to do so, Spellman is seeking an energetic and motivated Electrical Engineer to provide technical expertise and add capability for upcoming projects to our highly skilled engineering team in Bochum.
For this role, our expectations are to focus on both the power electronics section, as well as technical documentation. The goal is, to add experienced resource to the existing team and be a motivated and engaged worker on important projects and customizations. In addition to that, it is important to be a team worker and part of V&V processes with theoretical and physical workload.
- Designs, modifies and evaluates power electronics, analog and digital circuits, parts, and components for high voltage x-ray generators.
- Helps in researching and analyzing data such as specifications, to help determine feasibility of design or applications.
- Performing specific tests on X-Ray generator and equipment (third party material connected to the generator)
- Prepares and maintains technical documentation for medical device regulatory requirements.
- Create documentation for product release to production (In English and German).
- Supports manufacturing department on newly released products.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- BSEE or higher education (concentration in electronics, better power electronics)
- German language is a must, good English knowledge in speaking and writing.
- Hands-on experience (design verification, troubleshooting).
- understanding of basic converter topologies.
- understanding of analog circuits.
- Familiarity with schematics and PCB layout
- Experience with high voltage power supplies is a plus.
- Experience with medical devices is a plus.