Sr. Mechanical Engineer
We are seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer to join our corporate Headquarters. The incumbent will be responsible for the mechanical design and engineering of Spellman products from concept to full production release within the framework of Spellman design policies and applicable procedures. He/she will play an integral role in our team-focused department, supporting all products that span Spellman's portfolio.
- Mechanical design and engineering of Spellman products which would include ability to generate innovative mechanical concepts throughout the design and build cycle of the product.
- Use attention to detail, organization, and technical knowledge in a broad set of design disciplines, as well as collaborate and leverage the various skills and capabilities of the organization.
- Work closely with appropriate departments throughout the design and fabrication of mock-ups and prototypes for testing, evaluation and troubleshooting is expected.
- Help maintain and support the existing product lines in production and design of one-offs as required
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Electrical or Mechanical Engineerin
- 10+ years of experience in mechanical packaging of electronic equipment and excellent familiarity with electromechanical types, components, assemblies and manufacturers.
- Solid modeling experience using Inventor or similar CAD package such as SolidWorks or ProE. Experience with FEA software for calculating mechanical and thermal stresses is desirable.
- Full knowledge of designing sheet metals with associated hardware as well as experience with welding, machining, casting and molding.
- Motivated, self-starter with good organizational and communication skills.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.