Manufacturing Engineer III
Analyze existing processes, recommend and implement process improvements. Review documentation requirements, generate manufacturing instructions and procedures, and generate ECN’s to correct errors or improve manufacturability. Lead DFT/Lean/Six Sigma teams on specific projects, work under general supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment. Provide mentoring of less experienced engineers within the department.
• Utilize DFT/Lean/Six Sigma principals and PFMEA tools to lead project teams in improving processes, product flow, OTD, and product quality
• Work closely with Manufacturing and Engineering groups to develop, coordinate and implement technical training of employees
- Generate time/labor standards and routings to enable an understanding of capacity, load and efficiency
• Design complex assembly fixtures and tooling to aid in the manufacture of assemblies and sub assemblies.
- Develop and maintain operational procedures
- Generate manufacturing instructions and procedures in support of product build requirements and generate ECN’s as required
- Support the introduction of new products through DFM reviews, product readiness reviews, process and fixture development, and assembly documentation
- Review defect data, analyze potential root causes and implement corrective actions as required
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or a related field
Eight + years experience in a manufacturing environment
Computer skills: Microsoft project, Word, Power-point, Excel, Visio, Auto-Cad LT, ERP systems
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots and hard hats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. Employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by employees’ supervisor and/or manager.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly