Quality Engineering Manager
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
The Quality Engineering Manager is the primary Site Leader for Quality. The incumbent is responsible for management of Quality staff, assisting in strategic planning and implementation of the tactical quality plan. Each Quality Manager is responsible for ensuring that all product shipping from their site is compliant with all internal product specifications and meets all stated customer requirements.
- Responsible for the Hauppauge, NY location
- Lead, mentor, and motivate a staff of Quality Engineers
- Evaluate staff for performance and effectiveness, make recommendations for right sizing and skill set needs
- Assist in the development and monitoring of key quality goals & objectives for services and processes
- Assist in defining Quality Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), develop action plans and execute
- Manage New Product Introduction Process (NPI Process)
- Work closely with and improve upon Process design for manufacturing processes
- Proactively engage with Engineering, Sales, and Operations
- Develop and manage a robust Supplier Quality system
- Monitor quality data to identify trends, recognize correlations in issues, and proactively initiate appropriate actions
- Provide quality support to Product Development for design control to continuously drive quality improvement through Design For Excellence (DFX) methodologies
- Ensure customer satisfaction by chairing customer phone calls, meetings, site visits, etc.
- Implement “Best Practices” into site location
- Drive Scrap Reduction initiatives
- Able to conduct and drive failure analysis of defects through root cause and lab analysis
- Able to lead reliability testing and evaluation for components, subassemblies, and top level products.
- Monitor and control Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) through improved engineering practices via process engineering, product design & development, quality engineering, supplier quality, and all other aspects of the product development to customer application process.
- BS/ MS in Electrical Engineering or an Engineering degree with electronics assembly experience
- 10 years of experience as a Senior Professional / Engineering Manager
- Experience in working for a multinational company and the ability communicate effectively across language and cultural barriers
- FDA regulatory experience; ISO13485 experience a plus
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Excellent Project Management Skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong SMT, TH, and large system electronic assembly experience
- Lead Free (RoHS) experience
- Excellent SPC Experience (Control Charts, Pareto Analysis, Histograms, FMEA’s, etc.)
- Experience in Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Strong experience with electrical, mechanical, and electro-mechanical assembly, dielectrics, injection molding, and PCB’s
- DFX, DFM, DFA experience
- New Product Introduction experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, Minitab, as well as hardware and software tools to accomplish day to day work activities
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.