Power Electronics Engineer
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
Utilizes extensive industry and technical expertise and experience in power conversion to perform engineering work and applied research, development and/ or design of new products, while providing advice, assistance, direction and training required to develop, launch and manufacture new product solutions.
- Designs, modifies and evaluates electronic circuitry, parts, and components for high voltage power supplies.
- Partners with Sales and Program Management in researching and analyzing data such as customer design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or applications.
- Conducts/ participates in technical design reviews in accordance with established NPI process.
- Analyzes equipment to establish operating data and conducts experimental tests.
- Prepares and maintains technical documentation for inclusion in manuals.
- Works with technical personnel to ensure prototype models are assembled according to design specification.
- Supports manufacturing department on newly released products.
- Brings power systems expertise to strategic customer summits and problem/ solutions discussions.
- Continually keeps abreast of pertinent new technology, new equipment and services, and provides industry intelligence on subject matter R&D activities.
- KNOWLEDGE:Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (masters preferred)
- EXPERIENCE:5 or more years of project-based engineering experience, preferably in a manufacturing operation involving electrical power systems; high voltage power systems experience is desired.
- Thorough understanding of electrical, power, and mechanical design processes and procedures as it relates to AC and DC power systems.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing both internal cross-functional relationships (Sales, Marketing, Operations), and external customer relationships.
- SPECIAL SKILLS:Excellent verbal and written communication; organizational, problem solving, and time management skills. Demonstrated expertise in developing and delivering technical presentations to customers and Senior Management, and capability to instruct/teach technical concepts to diverse array of individuals (engineers to assemblers).
- Must have hands on experience and deep understanding of power conversion principles, thermal management, magnetics design, power semiconductors and control theory.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 25 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.