Director of Procurement and Strategic Sourcing
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, the world’s leading provider of high voltage power supplies, X-Ray generator and Monoblocks® provides custom products for medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research, security, industrial process controls, semiconductor manufacturing and intercontinental communications.
As Director of Procurement & Strategic Sourcing you will be responsible for the development, communication and successful deployment of procurement & sourcing strategies for the Spellman High Voltage global organization. The SCM strategy will directly align and augment the Spellman HV strategic business plan. This leadership role includes the matrix managing of activities involved in sourcing, procurement for Spellman HV sites around the world.
You will need to closely collaborate with managers at our locations, while representing us with suppliers, third-party service providers and customers as required. Internally, you will be a key leader and change agent within the global Operations team in driving the effective continuous improvement of business processes and activities with Sales & Business Development, Product Design, Finance and other related functions.
- Lead the development and execution of our sourcing and procurement category strategies to ensure we meet our business goals and financial targets.
- Partner cross-functionally/Globally within Spellman to identify and forecast business needs and create highly effective strategic vendor, contract, and negotiation programs.
- Evaluate supplier/distributors capabilities and establish sources for new technologies and new markets as business requirements dictate.
- Develop multiple region sources of supply including emerging market sourcing regions.
- Responsible for supplier relationship management & compliance, ensuring our suppliers are able to meet our growing business demands.
- Build a high performing procurement & sourcing team and provide supervision, training, coaching and feedback to improve performance in meeting individual and functional goals.
- Create and implement Procurement and Supply Chain KPI's to measure performance and monitor macro trends in supplier and contract base to address cost and supply risks and opportunities.
- Continuously improve sourcing processes through the implementation of new tools/automating the current processes and drive risk mitigation/business continuity objectives.
- Work collaboratively with the Planning and Production teams to manage the supply of materials for production schedules as well as inventory levels.
- Establish optimum inventory, safety stocks. Participate in E&O discussions.
- Work collaboratively with the S&OP manager to access demand/supply and devise strategies to address the gaps.
- Experience working with engineering/Suppliers and production on NPI projects. Would be managing an NPI resource and several concurrent projects.
- Supervise domestic and overseas team members.
- Demonstrate Strategic Influence
- Practice Entrepreneurial Behavior
- Demonstrate Customer Orientation
- Drive Results
- Drive Innovation and automation,
- Coach and Develop Others
- Build collaboration & Trusting Relationships
- Global Collaboration
- Effective communication
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration; Procurement certifications are a plus.
- 10+ years of progressive procurement & Sourcing experience and 5+ years of management or leadership experience.
- Must work exceptionally well in collaborative situations within a matrix organization.
- Ability to be creative, transparent and adaptive in a constantly changing environment.
- Experience in building a procurement function, developing a detailed strategic plan and managing multiple procurement professionals across a number of commodities.
- Excellent communication and listening skills; Ability to work cross-functionally; Comfort and experience discussing with and presenting to senior leadership.
- Knowledge and experience with vendor and enterprise risk management & MRP/MPS. Rich hands on experience working with MRP/ERP/MPS.
- Strong negotiation skills for significant commercial deals.
- Understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions to mitigate legal risk.
- Strategic and analytical mindset with the ability to consider non-traditional approaches as our needs and our industry evolves.
- Electronics/semi- conductor industry experience preferred.
- Experience working with tools such as Silicon Experts.
- Ability to travel: International: quarterly trips, Domestic (including MX): 30%
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.