Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, a customer focused global provider of high voltage power supplies, X-Ray generator and Monoblocks® - provides custom products for medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research, security, industrial process controls, semiconductor manufacturing and undersea data transmission.
The Junior Engineer performs independently assigned tasks in assisting project engineers and troubleshooting to component level of all power supplies and sub-assemblies with minimal supervision.
- Work independently assisting Design Engineers in development of X-ray generators and other HV power supplies, including hardware, power, and high voltage
- Test new software developed for HV power supplies.
- Create Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) or assist engineers in creating ECNs
- Assist customers in troubleshooting our prototypes (which may require travel to customer sites)
- Recommend changes to ATP’s and testing methods as required
- Work with other engineering members on technical issues and recommend test method changes on new product release and developments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics Engineering plus two or more years of experience in engineering environment in testing and troubleshooting electronic assemblies
Associate Degree in Electronics technology or equivalent technical certificate plus 4 years of experience
- Able to read and understand schematics and circuits
- Able to troubleshoot down to component level
- Knowledge of soldering
- Computer literate
- May require occasional travel
Working conditions are normal for engineering environment. Work involves lifting of materials and products up to 50 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots and hardhats. Will be working with units producing high voltages, and also produce x-rays. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.