Information Security Engineer
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
Utilizes extensive industry and technical expertise and experience to perform engineering work and applied research, development and/ or design of new products, while providing advice, assistance, direction and training required to develop, launch and manufacture new product solutions.
The Information Security Engineer will build, manage, and maintain Spellman's global security architecture. This role will work with all IT groups internally to integrate security infrastructure with existing systems and improve Spellman's overall security posture.
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade solutions to defend against cyberattacks, hacking attempts, and threats.
- Perform configuration, debugging, and support for infrastructure, network, database, and security solutions.
- Maintain the organization's information security architecture, ensuring that threats to business systems and applications are minimized.
- Identify network and system vulnerabilities and develop suitable defense measures, evaluate system changes for security implications, and recommend enhancements.
- Build security strategies, firewalls, and systems unique to the organization, encompassing data, systems, hardware, components, and networks.
- Observe and respond to Intrusion Detection System (IDS) cues and anti-virus alerts. Knowledge of VPNs, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy, and security audits.
- Perform root cause analysis, debugging, support, and post-mortem analysis for security incidents and service interruptions.
- Identify weak links in information security products and determine how to mitigate the control deficiencies.
- Preferred Certifications: Security+, CySa+, CEH, CISSP
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or a related field preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in an cybersecurity role with a proven track record
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Skill in using incident handling methodologies.
- Skill in using Virtual Private Network (VPN) devices and encryption.
- Skill in securing network communications.
- Skill in protecting a network against malware. (e.g., NIPS, anti-malware, restrict/prevent external devices, spam filters).
- Skill in system, network, and OS hardening techniques for security infrastructure. (e.g., remove unnecessary services, password policies, network segmentation, enable logging, least privilege, etc.).
- Skill in troubleshooting and diagnosing cyber defense infrastructure anomalies and work through resolution.
- Skill to apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.