Power BI Analyst/Developer
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generators and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
The Power BI Analyst/Developer (based in our Hauppauge facility) is responsible for:
- collaborating with others throughout the organization to define requirements and design specifications for Power BI products created by the IT dept
- defining and creating datasets to support business metric requirements, using a variety of data sources in multiple formats
- transforming data as needed to achieve the desired delivery formats
- defining standard workspaces and presentation formats (including focused dashboards), publishing, and administering user access permissions
- adhering to predefined SLAs for HelpDesk tickets regarding user incidents and requests assigned to the ERP dept as they relate to Power BI products created by the IT dept
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study preferred
- 3+ years of experience developing Power BI products
- Experience working with multiple data formats and associated transformations
- Experience developing software functional and design specifications (including business logic flow diagramming, user interface layouts, and test plans
- Experience with implementing and introducing new applications to users, including process gap analysis, prototyping, development of training materials, and providing end-user training (on-site and/or remotely)
- Experience working with an ERP system in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- Experience with Data warehouses and data cubes is a plus
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally (minimal <5%)
- Able to work one-on-one or in group settings with individuals of varying technical abilities and understanding
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.