Sr Reliability Engineer
Sr. Reliability Engineer
The Sr. Reliability Engineer will plan and execute reliability, maintainability, manufacturability, and testability activities. Reliability activities include allocations, predictions, FMECAs, BIT development, and effectivity analysis, accelerated life tests, HALT, HASS, and BIT demonstrations. Will actively participate in detailed design activities, technical interchange meetings, program/project reviews, customer and supplier support.
- Develop reliability predictions using Windchill/Relex and/or approved prediction methodologies for mechanical and electrical designs and supplied components.
- Perform Built-In-test (BIT)analysis, implementation and validation
- Interact with engineers, subcontractors, suppliers, customers, program managers, product managers, operations, global quality, and others during the investigation, documentation, and resolution of system failures; the evaluation of new products and designs; and evaluation of existing products and designs.
- Review specifications, drawings, engineering change notices (ECN’s), support product development and configuration control, work with business develop and other organizations as needed.
- Support design reviews, production readiness reviews, New Product Development, and New Product Introduction
- Communicate results of data driven modeling projects both in terms of development status and ongoing operational findings and actions
- Establish processes that allow others to successfully adopt and maintain model applications with minimal oversight and act as liaison between data applications and operational departments as well as executives and 3rd parties
- Act as in-house strategic translator by providing independent verification and thoughtful critique of 3rd party data analysis, in house data analysis, and other sources of reliability information.
- Translate concepts, ideas, new products, new components into clearly defined quantitative models and process optimization objectives that capture both business and user requirements.
- Act as lead in the design, implementation, and evaluation of data models, including the use of multivariate techniques and finite element analysis.
- BS/ MS in Electrical Engineering or Mathematics
- ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer certification a Plus
- 5 to 10 years minimum experience as Reliability Engineer
- Proficient in written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Strong experience with electrical, mechanical, and electro-mechanical assembly, dielectrics, injection molding, and PCB’s
- Experience in communicating and presenting data and technical concepts to audiences with varying backgrounds
- Degree in mathematics/statistics or engineering
- Demonstrated quantitative analysis skills and proficiency in working with applications developers, IT, design engineering, and other technical organizations.
- FDA regulatory experience / ISO13485 experience a plus
- Excellent SPC Experience (Control Charts, Pareto Analysis, Histograms, FMEA’s, etc.)
- Experience with HALT & HASS
Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. Employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by employees’ supervisor and/or manager.