Strategic Staffing Manager
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
The Strategic Staffing Manager will own the full cycle recruitment process for all US and key Corporate/global roles (from hourly employees through C-suite executives). This hands-on individual contributor will implement best-in-class strategies, processes and practices to successfully attract and hire the strongest talent, while driving a superb candidate experience. As a member of the Spellman Global Staffing Council, the Strategic Staffing Manager will be a critical part of the team responsible for developing and sharing best practices across the global enterprise.
- Manage full-cycle recruitment (identifying sourcing strategies, screening, interviewing and closing), which includes evaluating candidates for core values and culture fit, with a focus on diversity and inclusion programs
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all key stakeholders, including hiring managers and executives, to foster partnerships and quality results
- Act as a strategic resource for key stakeholders to help identify recruitment challenges and implement solutions
- Collect and analyze reporting metrics, identify trends and develop solutions to drive results and achieve Talent Acquisition KPI’s (e.g., time to hire, quality of hire, voice of the customer, source effectiveness, etc.)
- Coordinate and oversee recruitment outreach programs, open houses, job fairs, career days, and related recruitment activities (both external and campus)
- Provide subject matter expertise in all staffing policies and processes, and maintain knowledge on all equal employment opportunity regulations
- Drive implementation, optimization and utilization of the global Applicant Tracking System (Jobvite)
- Identify and negotiate contracts with third-party recruitment agencies and manage vendor performance and effectiveness
- Contribute to company-wide human resources projects and initiatives, as needed
- Responsibilities specific to the US HR Team will include:
- Management of full-cycle US recruitment (external and campus) for New York (Hauppauge and Valhalla) and Brownsville, Texas sites
- Management of the US Employee Referral Program
- Develop and implement company branding and marketing recruiting strategies for the US that are in-line with Spellman’s overarching global theme (encourage employees to be brand ambassadors, look at developing incentive programs for attracting and placing talent, etc)
- Responsibilities specific to Corporate HR will include:
- Partner with the Global HR Business Partner and broader global HR team to help execute global talent vitality initiatives in-line with corporate strategic goals, specifically those related to Strategic Staffing and building Spellman’s future pipeline of global talent
- Work with the Global HR Business Partner to:
- Build global talent pipelines for current and future job openings by shifting the recruiting mindset to proactive and creative recruiting strategies (vs reactive)
- Explore multiple recruiting avenues to increase the number of qualified applicants
- Implement a formal global Mobility program
- Identify and leverage functionality in the new global HRIS (Jobvite and Ultipro) to meet Strategic Staffing objectives
- Leverage core membership on the Global Staffing Council
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources or relevant field; Master’s degree preferred
- 10 years of experience with full-cycle recruiting, sourcing, employment branding techniques, etc.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Experience with employment practices and HR policies and procedures
- Proficient in the use of social media and job boards
- Experience with HRIS, ATS, and Sourcing and Recruitment Marketing tools
- Well-organized with good time management skills
- Ability to work on a team (both local and global), as well as independently drive own work
- A strategic thinker with excellent problem solving skills
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.