Senior Design Engineer
The medium-sized company Spellman High Voltage Electronics Ltd, based in Pulborough, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, based in Hauppauge, New York, in the United States. Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corp. is a leading manufacturer of high voltage power supplies and X-ray generators with offices in Germany, the United States, England, China and Mexico.
We are looking for a Senior Design Engineer to be based in our Pulborough, England location.
Designing and developing high voltage power conversion products and associated equipment, processes and methodologies. Designing to meet costs, timing and quality requirements. Enhancing product performance, moving concepts into prototypes for testing, validating and productionisation.
- Interpret and agree technical specifications and requirements with customers.
- Design and develop high voltage power conversion products and associated equipment to agreed specifications.
- Investigate/research new design techniques (higher stability, lower noise, faster polarity reversing).
- Accurately document the design to enable full manufacturing packages to be created or amended.
- Evaluation of developed designs ensuring requirements are met by test and/or simulation and calculation.
- Meet agreed time-scales for tasks and projects.
- Deliver designs that are cost effective, fit for manufacture and test.
- Ensure products are compliant with regulatory requirements, avoiding components, materials or substances presenting a threat to the environment.
- Ensure products have an optimised life cycle duration and where practical are repairable, energy efficient without unnecessary environmental impact.
- Assume ownership of assigned projects from conception to completion and continued support while in service.
- Responsibility for adhering to the Company’s ISO 9001 Quality, ISO14001 Environmental and Health and Safety management systems and contributing to continuous improvement initiatives.
- In-depth knowledge of power supply design
- Leading edge component knowledge and design/manufacturing techniques
- Knowledge of current regulations and procedures and how these affect design
- Experience of UC design of analogue control/systems desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with internal and external customers
- Understanding of the constraints of PCB layout and mechanical packaging
- Ability to work under pressure to demanding timescales
- Formal design procedures and methodologies in accordance with 9001/14001 management systems
- Schematic capture using CADSTAR desirable
- Self- motivated and able to work with a minimum of supervision.
The above responsibilities are not exhaustive and you may be required to fulfill other duties and responsibilities from time to time for which you are reasonably qualified.
Due to the high number of applications, if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.