Sr. Embedded Systems Engineer
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives. Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
The Sr. Embedded Systems Engineer serves as a critical link who will aid in accomplishing mission critical deliveries both for internal and external customers. The candidate will perform code modifications across various digital devices and GUI’s. The candidate should be comfortable designing new hardware platforms. He/She will interface with customers and all layers of the engineering team.
- Develop aspects of Embedded Systems from System Level Requirements
- Design firmware for sophisticated high voltage power supplies (HVPS). Languages used (C, Verilog, VHDL, Assembly)
- Design software for sophisticated high voltage power supplies (HVPS). Languages used (C, C#, VB6, Java, WPF)
- Interface with other engineering departments to implement features desired as described in requirements.
- Preparation of technical documentation, such as circuit diagrams, manuals, technical reports, release documentation etc.
- In system testing & integration testing with electrical engineers both on and off site.
- Review and interpret internal/external customer requirements
- Use of revision control systems such as Tortoise SVN
- Continuous Research of latest concepts as it pertains to Embedded System development including DSP’s, MCU’s, FPGA’s, CPLD’s, SOM.
- Development of RTOS based firmware.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- An academic degree (MS preferred or BS with 10 years+) in electrical engineering, computer engineering and or computer science in the development of firmware/software.
- Understanding of RTOS and BareMetal coding techniques.
- Must possess organization and time management skills
- Understanding of agile development techniques.
- Ability to debug and diagnose Embedded Systems issues using typical equipment. E.g. Oscilloscopes, Logic analyzers, DMM’s etc.
- Hands-on experience in prototyping electronic/electrical circuits
- Basic understanding of analog electronics including Analog to digital converters.
- Ability to work in HV laboratory environment, ability to lift up to 50lb
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
Working conditions are normal for both an office and manufacturing environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone. We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman
High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.