Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, a customer focused global provider of high voltage power supplies, X-Ray generator and Monoblocks® - provides custom products for medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research, security, industrial process controls, semiconductor manufacturing and undersea data transmission.
The Encapsulator prepares and encapsulates mechanical parts, subassemblies and molds using various silicone and epoxy based insulating materials in accordance with process and procedural requirements. Reports directly to the supervisor and will take daily work instruction from the encapsulator lead.
- Operation of encapsulation equipment
- Complete control records, task logs, and process logs
- Assist in perform daily/periodic maintenance of equipment
- Perform basic mechanical assembly work
- Encapsulation experience or the willingness and ability to be trained in the necessary skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent; AA degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in manufacturing and/or related technical training
- Must read and understand work instruction, drawings, BOMs and procedures
- Mechanical and mathematical skills
- Ability to work with various encapsulant formulations
- Ability to maneuver/lift units filled with encapsulants
- Required to lift approximately 50 lbs.
- Basic knowledge of computers and their use in manufacturing
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. Employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by employees’ supervisor and/or manager.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.