Embedded Systems Engineer
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
Working with the power supply design engineers devise and employ the use of digital control loops into Spellman HV UK products.Improve the existing power supply architecture to speed up control and monitor response times.
- Design and implementation of software associated with SHVUK’s on-going high voltage power supply development.
- Maintenance of software, version control and release archiving.
- Liaison with customers and other organisations as required to ensure the design meets the customers’ requirements.
- Conduct the writing of software to meet the timescales and cost presented on the project plan.
- To attend product design reviews and confirm the integrity of software design.
- Assist the design team in estimating times and costs for the project.
- Provide code, operating principles, calibration procedures and operating instructions for the designed product.
- Ensure the design meets Spellman High Voltage Electronics Ltd engineering, quality and safety standards.
- Designs must be compliant to all current legal and regulatory requirements. Products will optimise life cycle duration and if practical be repairable, energy efficient and have no undue environmental impact.
- Keep informed and support EMS and improvement team activities and ISO9001 – Quality and ISO 14001 – Environmental requirements including workmanship standards, static handling precautions and high voltage control measures.
- Degree or equivalent in Software Engineering or Electrical/Electronic Engineering with significant experience and interest in embedded systems and hardware.
- Experience in software design and development with an emphasis on structured methods.
- Experience of Microchip PIC/DSP controllers and C programming.
- Knowledge of embedded systems and digital control theory.
- Experience of VB.NET GUI development.
- A thorough and methodical approach to problem solving along with analytical thinking skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well with others.
- A quick learner and logical thinker.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.