The medium-sized company Spellman High Voltage Electronics GmbH, based in Bochum, which is a a wholly owned subsidiary of Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, based in Hauppauge, New York, in the United States, develops, produces and sells high-frequency X-Ray generators and supplies imaging systems for the general medical X-Ray market. Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corp. is a leading manufacturer of high voltage power supplies and X-ray generators with offices in Germany, the United States, England, China and Mexico.
Spellman is looking for a Qaullity Engineer to be based in our Bochum, Germany office. This person will utilize extensive industry and technical expertise and experience to perform engineering work and applied research, development and/ or design of new products, while providing advice, assistance, direction and training required to develop, launch and manufacture new product solutions.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for supporting a wide variety of supplier, engineering, manufacturing, and customer quality issues for the Product Families to which he/she is assigned and proactively driving improvement in customer satisfaction and reduction of Costs of Poor Quality (COPQ).
- Establish close relationship with the Quality counterparts of assigned customers and work with them to understand and improve customer satisfaction through regular communications/meetings and action plans for improvement.
- Identify factory and field performance issues and execute closed loop, root cause Corrective Actions using the 8D Methodology
- Provide timely and concise communication and escalation of issues to Project Engineers, Quality and Operations management and other relevant departments such as Sales. Engage proactively with personnel from other departments to resolve quality issues.
- Work with the Quality Analyst to mine quality data to identify issues and internal yield trends and initiate appropriate improvement actions.
- Provide Quality support to Product Development for design control, verification and validation to ensure mistake-proofed, manufacturable product designs. Participate in new product introductions/transfers to ensure production readiness and sustained quality levels by developing/executing validation plans for new production processes/products and conducting process capability studies where applicable.
- Manage Corrective Action / Preventive Action (CAPA) activities to ensure that specified requirements are met. Address actual and potential Quality Issues. Revise Quality documents as required
- Develop and monitor Quality goals and objectives for services and processes. Assist in defining strategic objectives and metrics such as Key Performance Indicators and critical product quality characteristics for control and capability monitoring.
- Review approve Engineering Changes (ECNs) for accuracy and completeness of information and impact to customers, including approval/notification requirements/
- Poke-Yoke investigations for process reliability improvement
- Monitor the consolidated Quality Management data reporting system and communicate issues with the QMS Coordinator, as appropriate
- Conduct assigned internal process/system audits in support of QMS/EMS certification (e.g. ISO9001, ISO14001 & ISO 13485)
- As part of risk management, lead the development PFMEAs for assigned products/ critical processes and work to implement prioritized improvements.
- Evaluate and rollout “Best Practices” while driving systems and process-based organization
As a member of a Hauppauge Business unit, responsibilities for success include KPI’s and CA to improve CoPQ, First Pass Yield, Process & Product Audits, Warranty returns, Customer feedback, Build-In-Quality, FMEA’s, CAPA’s, PFT’s, NCR's, and SPC.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Quality Engineer in electronics manufacturing
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineer
- MS strongly preferred
- Lean / Six Sigma experience; Green Belt level preferred
- Experience working for a multinational company and the ability to communicate effectively across language and cultural barriers
- Experience working within and sustaining Quality Management Systems
- Knowledge, application and deployment of Quality tools
- ISO 9001, 14001 and 13485 experience
- Strong Project Management, organizational and time management skills
- Strong Surface Mount Technology, Through Hole, and large system electronic assembly experience
- Strong SPC Experience (Control Charts, Pareto Analysis, Histograms, FMEA’s, etc.)
- Experience in Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, Minitab as well as hardware and software tools to accomplish day to day work activities
- Must be bilingual in both English and German
Working conditions are normal for both an office and manufacturing environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone. May be required to lift items up to 30 lbs.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.