Information Technology Strategy Manager
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
The Information Technology Strategy Manager serves as a strategic interface with members of the Mexico Management team and Corporate IT for the purpose of business technology strategy development, solution discovery, service management, and relationship management. As the responsible party for all IT in Mexico, the ITSM serves as the Manager of the local IT team including the helpdesk, reporting to both Corporate IT as well as the head Mexico facility. The ITSM provides highly valued consulting to the Mexico Management team, helping to both proactively offer suggestions and improvements as well as evaluate potential IT-Centric solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop solution concepts and business cases for new initiatives.
- Collaborate with members of the Mexico leadership and Corporate IT teams to plan budget for respective business solutions.
- Act as the key liaison in Mexico across all functional areas, including business units, the Information Technology department, and outside vendors.
- Identify, screen, and evaluate new solution opportunities to address unmet needs of the team, both proactively and at request.
- Create consensus with other members of both Mexico and Corporate IT as to the timing of solution introductions and withdrawals.
- Partner with key staff members to create IT-Centric strategic business plans.
- Utilize the appropriate technologies and ensure that customers have the solutions they need, when they need them, and in the media best suited to their requirements.
- Collaborate with Mexico leadership team and Corporate IT to ensure solution compatibility with both site and company standards.
- Capable of managing a team, with Mexico’s Helpdesk Supervisor and Network/System Administrators as direct reports.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and create project plans.
- Familiarity with hardware firewalls.
- Will serve as escalation point on IT-Centric issues within the facility.
- Must be able to troubleshoot network, server, and phone system problems.
- Familiarity with handling ISP and telecom contracts.
- VMWare Administration.
- Pure Storage Administration.
- Rubrik System Administration.
- Aruba, Procurve, and Cisco switch Administration.
- Avaya phone system Administration.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Teams phone system administration.
- Windows Server Administration (2012R2, 2016, 2019).
- Must have knowledge of network share and security permissions.
- Familiarity with an ITIL helpdesk ticketing system (Ivanti Service Desk or other)
- Familiarity with Desktop Central.
- Will be primary resource in Mexico who interfaces with Sales, support, and service for various vendors.
- Manage team to perform ongoing upgrades and resource optimization.
- Experience with AD User management, DNS, DHCP.
- Must be bi-lingual in both English and Spanish.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are a must.
- Minimum of a 4-year bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum of 5+ years as a business partner with an IT focus, managing an IT team, and managing IT-centric projects.
- Must be able to work in both Mexico and United States
- Able to be on-call for emergency situations
- Must have a can-do attitude and be a team player.
- Must be comfortable working a dual-reporting environment, reporting up to both Corporate IT as well as the Mexico site leader.
- Experience with SQL reports, barcoding systems, ERP systems, and manufacturing technologies a plus.
- PMP, Cisco, Microsoft, and security certifications a plus.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.