Talent Acquisition Specialist
Talent Acquisition / Recruitment responsibilities include union and non-union sourcing candidates through various channels, planning interview and selection procedures and hosting or participating in career events. To be successful in this role, you should be able to develop long-term recruiting strategies and nurture trusting relationships with potential hires.
- Plan and implement company talent acquisition strategy
- Develop company’s policy for talent benchmarking, talent assessment and interviewing -Conduct sourcing activities in order to fill open positions
- Perform analysis of organizational development and anticipate future employment needs
- Design and manage recruitment and selection processes (resume screening, screening calls, interviews etc.)
- Reviews employment applications and background check reports
- Serve as brand ambassador at various events, like career fairs or on-campus recruiting events
- Represent company internally and externally at events with a goal of networking and relationship building with potential candidate communities
- Counsel the candidate on company environment, wages and salaries and benefits.
- Build long-term relationships with past and potential candidates
- Manage respective candidate pools to ensure qualified candidates remain engaged in current or future opportunities
- Generate monthly updates for company’s leadership about upcoming talent acquisition initiatives
- Create weekly-monthly (union-non-union), reports on key talent acquisition metrics
- Communicate regularly with HR department and Business Partners to get a clear view of company’s hiring needs and organizational goals
- Proactively seek market intelligence to gain competitive advantage in attraction, assessment and sourcing methodologies
- Suggest new ideas for improving talent acquisition activities
- Research talent acquisition trends in the staffing industry
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or similar field.
- Preference will be given to local candidates.
- Familiarity with social media, resume databases and professional networks
- Hands-on experience with full-cycle recruiting using various interview techniques and evaluation methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Bilingual: English & Spanish).
- A keen understanding of the differences between various roles within organization.
- Previous working experience preferably as a Talent Acquisition Specialist/ Recruiter.
- In-depth knowledge of candidate’s selection methods
- Excellent understanding of full cycle recruitment processes
- Excellent organizational and time management skills -Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite.