We are seeking a Quality Manager to join our management team at our Matamoros site, the largest Spellman facility which focuses on low-volume/high-mix electronics multisite manufacturing operations. We are looking for a leader with previous change management experience in transforming organizations and the Quality functional area, who is a charismatic leader with a bias for action, and who is capable of continuous improvement. This individual will be a data driven manager skilled in deploying statistical tools and interpreting data to implement effective solutions.
- Direct and plan quality strategies, processes and quality management information, in order to ensure, provide and maintain a sustainable quality system in alignment with the requirements of ISO standards in their current version, with the aim of meeting the applicable customer and legal requirements, ensuring their application in the proper processes and procedures.
- Manage the areas of Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Quality Systems, Measurement System, Receipt Inspection and Advanced Quality Planning
- Customer Liaison, Corporate Quality Management and different company locations.
- Establish the objectives and processes to achieve final results according to the strategies and objectives of the operation.
- Report the performance of the quality system to the management team.
- Establish strategic quality plans, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the activities of corrective/preventive action programs and customer complaints.
- Participate in the new product development team.
- Ensure the implementation of quality audit programs.
- Provides leadership in the activities of the corrective/preventive action programs.
- Ensures that established processes ensure the segregation of non-compliant material.
- Participate in reviews of Corrective Action Applications
- Assists in process monitoring and measurement and reports results.
- Responsible for quality and certification systems under the requirements of ISO 9001 in its current version.
- Assists in the coordination of activities to maintain and update the documented information of the quality assurance system.
- Comply with all ISO standards requirements applicable to the company any other system that is deemed to be certified.
- B.S. degree in Engineering or related field with strong experience in electronics assembly. B.S. Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in Quality Engineering & Management position in an electronics manufacturing and/or electronics manufacturing with mechanical assembly.
- Interpretation of the IPC 600, 610, 620 standards
- Interpret procedures, assembly drawings, Bills of Materials and manufacturing documentation.
- Strong Root Cause Corrective Action skills
- Interpretation of ISO 9001/ISO14001 & Interpretation of OSHA ISO 45001
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is required
- Candidate must be a highly effective individual contributor while possessing strong people as well as systems managerial capabilities to foster teamwork.