The medium-sized company Spellman High Voltage Electronics GmbH, based in Bochum, which is a a wholly owned subsidiary of Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, based in Hauppauge, New York, in the United States, develops, produces and sells high-frequency X-Ray generators and supplies imaging systems for the general medical X-Ray market. Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corp. is a leading manufacturer of high voltage power supplies and X-ray generators with offices in Germany, the United States, England, China and Mexico.
Our focus on the German market and the development of our capability in Germany has been and continues to be one of the top business priorities. Germany is focused on the medical imaging, manufacturer and developer of the medical X-Ray generator. In order to continue to do so, Spellman is seeking an energetic and motivated Electrical Engineer to provide technical expertise and add capability for upcoming projects to our highly skilled engineering team in Bochum.
For this role, our expectations are to focus on both the firm- and software development, as well as technical documentation. The goal is, to add experienced resource to the existing team and be a motivated and engaged worker on important projects and customizations. In addition to that, it is important to be a team worker and part of V&V processes with theoretical and physical workload.
- Designs, modifies and evaluates firm- and software for high voltage x-ray generators.
- Troubleshooting and Bug fixing of existing firm- / software
- Software solutions for new market requirements
- Performing specific tests on X-Ray generator and equipment
- Prepares and maintains technical documentation for medical device regulatory requirements.
- Create documentation for software release to production (In English and German).
- Supports manufacturing department on newly released software
- Perform training on software changes and improvements.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- BSEE or higher education (concentration in software design, a plus is electronics)
- German language is a must, good English knowledge in speaking and writing.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge in C and C++.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge in Visual C++ and Visual Studio
- understanding of basic windows user interface design.
- Basic understanding of electronic circuits.
- Familiarity with schematics
- Experience with microcontroller languages
- Experience with medical device directive is a plus.
- Experience with medical devices is a plus.