Sr Electronic Engineer (Technical Support Engineer)
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
A Technical Support Engineer will manage and resolve customers’ technical inquiries and issues regarding our power supplies and/or applications. To be successful in this role you will need to work with various groups including, engineers, sales, service techs, administrators, and quality, in order to effectively troubleshoot customers’ issues by phone, email or conference call. In addition, this role requires the daily review of service information provided to customers and service data integrity.
Plan, organize and document the day to day technical support functions which includes but are not limited to the following:
• Review all Repair Service Forms for accuracy, thoroughness and language prior to releasing to customer.
• Investigate CAR (Corrective Action Requests) as requested by Customer (work QA and Engineering as needed).
• Maintain RMA database for accuracy and thoroughness.
• Handle all incoming technical customer inquiries (Email, Phone, and Website) and assist customers in troubleshooting of power supplies.
• Document all inquiries, issues, and resolutions.
• Foster good customer relations and service at all times.
• Traveling to customer sites may be required.
• Assist in triaging incoming repairs.
• Direct point of contact for urgent customer issues.
• Be a VOC (Voice of the Customer) in Product Team Meetings and offer suggestions for product improvements.
• Recommend changes for ATPs and testing method
• Manage follow up regarding customer issues and resolutions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic Engineering, plus 4 years of experience in testing and troubleshooting electronic assemblies,
• Associates Degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent certificate plus 5 years of experience.
• Able to read and understand schematics and circuits.
• Able to troubleshoot down to the component level.
• Capable of lifting 50lbs.
• Excel, Word, Outlook, CRM & ERP experience a plus.
• Problem solving skills.
• Strong communication skills including phone and email etiquette.