Sr. Internal Communications Specialist
Sr. Internal Communications Specialist
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generators and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
As a Senior Internal Communications Specialist for Spellman High Voltage, you’ll report to the Communication director and be part of a small team producing employee communications for a global audience. Responsibilities include:
- Produce events for All Hands webinars, including documentation, agenda, scheduling, communicating, digital-asset management
- Maintain editorial calendars, intranet pages, and digital assets and archives
- Work with stakeholders to develop and execute initiative, departmental, and site communications plans
- Curate, produce, and amplify stakeholder content for publication in the newsletter, Hub, Yammer and other channels
- Assist in production of newsletter, intranet, and other channels
- Edit, copy edit, proofread content
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English, or other liberal arts
- 4+ years of experience in internal communications, with business experience working with a range of leaders and other stakeholders
- Facility with managing live-video All Hands events
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Expertise in developing key messages and communications plans
- Attention to detail, conscientious; gest even repetitive tasks done right and on time
- Familiarity with a variety of software such as the Microsoft Office 365 suite, web content management systems (CMS), photo editing software, and collaboration tools
- Ability to learn new software applications and patience to work with technical support to continuously troubleshoot technology used for Communications
- Ability to self-direct management of projects
- Ability to travel to Spellman sites on occasion, as needed
You are a person who:
- Has strong writing and editing skills, with attention to detail
- Is intellectually curious (able to find the deeper meaning and flesh out the full story)
- Is entrepreneurial (able to generate new ideas, prioritize, plan, and execute)
- Feels invigorated when creating new things from scratch
- Is highly conscientious, eager to tackle even the less glamourous aspects of a job
- Balances a pursuit of excellence and quality with the agility of iterative improvements and minimally viable products (MVPs)
- Balances desires of stakeholders with the Communications Plan and bandwidth; able to communicate with stakeholders about the scope of projects and negotiate both strategy and timeframes with stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in any field a plus
- Facility with translating business, scientific, and technical language into lively writing for the educated layperson
- Additional professional experience, including journalism, PR and marketing communications a plus
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.