The medium-sized company Spellman High Voltage Electronics GmbH, based in Bochum, which is a a wholly owned subsidiary of Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, based in Hauppauge, New York, in the United States, develops, produces and sells high-frequency X-Ray generators and supplies imaging systems for the general medical X-Ray market. Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corp. is a leading manufacturer of high voltage power supplies and X-ray generators with offices in Germany, the United States, England, China and Mexico.
The Operation Manager is the Site Leader for the Bochum, Germany operation activities, Quality, Process Engineering, Production and Supply chain Management. The incumbent is responsible for management of Operations staff, assisting in strategic planning and implementation of the tactical actions to get an effective organization, additional the Operation Manager is responsible for site work environment, People development and safety condition for the site in compliant with the Spellman High voltage Standard.
The Operations Manager in Bochum is responsible for the complete value chain to create products or services and support other core business like Product Development, Marketing, Human Resources, Accounting/ Finances, and Information Technologies. This position must lead the Operation Support departments: Quality Management, Production Management, Purchasing/ Planning/Inventory Management (Supply chain management), Process Engineering, health & environment, and Maintenances.
- Ensure on time delivery of high-quality product
- Create the training strategy to keep the business running in the required disciplines, manufacturing processes and quality standards and maintain the departments skills chart, including training records to develop individuals’ skills to obtain a multi skilled flexible workforce
- Provide appraisals to the team members at agreed intervals
- Create the Production and Planning Strategy with the Production, Planning, Inventory and Purchasing Managers to optimize the Business Resources: People and Machines and looking the process efficiency/or productivity.
- Create with the Quality Manager, The Quality control strategy to keep the Operation running under control and preventing defects in our products or services.
- Keep our Operation process safe and comply with the Environmental regulations.
- To promote an outstanding working environment respecting all the Staff and support and discipline of team members
- Commit to achieving the Company’s One Page Strategy
- Assessing project and resource requirements
- Estimating, negotiating and agreeing budgets and timescales with managers
- Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach, counsel, and discipline employees
- Re-negotiating timescales or schedules as necessary (Vacations, Production Schedules, etc.)
- Manufacturing Cost reduction focus projects
- Communicate customer issues with operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints
- Manage relationships with key operations vendors
- Manage staff levels, wages, hours, contract labor to revenues
- Analyze process workflow, employee and space requirements and equipment layout; implement change
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
- Electrical Engineer/ Industrial Engineer/ Electronic Engineer/ Business Administrator
- Master Business Administration (MBA) Or equivalent
- Advanced Training “Lean Manufacturing”
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Good communication, writing, and organizational skills (German and English)
- High productivity and efficiency
- People skill to handle more 30 employees
- Supervision Skills
- Project management skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills to motivate the team
- Problem solving skills
- Teamworking skills
- Committed to Innovation
- Experiences with MRP system INFRA/ GLOVIA/ Oracle/ SAP
- Minimum 3 years experiences as Operations Manager or > 5 years Experiences Managing a Support Department (Production, Engineering, Supply Chain or Quality department)