Apprentice/Graduate Embedded Systems Engineer
The medium-sized company Spellman High Voltage Electronics Ltd, based in Pulborough, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, based in Hauppauge, New York, in the United States. Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corp. is a leading manufacturer of high voltage power supplies and X-ray generators with offices in Germany, the United States, England, China and Mexico.
We are looking for an Embedded Systems Engineer to be based in our Pulborough, England location. This person will work with the power supply design engineers to devise and employ the use of digital control loops into Spellman HV UK products. He/she will improve the existing power supply architecture to speed up control and monitor response times.
- Design and implementation of software associated with SHVUK’s on-going high voltage power supply development.
- Maintenance of software, version control and release archiving.
- Liaison with customers and other organisations as required to ensure the design meets the customers’ requirements.
- Conduct the writing of software to meet the timescales and cost presented on the project plan.
- To attend product design reviews and confirm the integrity of software design.
- Assist the design team in estimating times and costs for the project.
- Provide code, operating principles, calibration procedures and operating instructions for the designed product.
- Ensure the design meets Spellman High Voltage Electronics Ltd engineering, quality and safety standards.
- Designs must be compliant to all current legal and regulatory requirements. Products will optimise life cycle duration and if practical be repairable, energy efficient and have no undue environmental impact.
- Keep informed and support EMS and improvement team activities and ISO9001 – Quality and ISO 14001 – Environmental requirements including workmanship standards, static handling precautions and high voltage control measures.
- Degree or equivalent in Software Engineering or Electrical/Electronic Engineering with significant experience and interest in embedded systems and hardware.
- Experience in software design and development with an emphasis on structured methods.
- Experience of Microchip PIC/DSP controllers and C programming
- Knowledge of embedded systems and digital control theory.
- A thorough and methodical approach to problem solving along with analytical thinking skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well with others.
- A quick learner and logical thinker.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.