Electro-mechanical Design Engineer
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
- Design, sketch, draw and develop product concepts, prototypes and final product designs in 3D Solid Model (Inventor) application Platform using input from engineers, marketing and manufacturing team members for a new Electromechanical Product and subassemblies before completing technical drawings.
- Create designs in line with company procedure, regulations and or customer requirements using Inventor Solid Model Design platform
Calculate factors like tolerance, dimensions, and thermal and perform structural analysis as needed.
- Create BoMs, parts fabrication drawings and assembly drawings and upload or distribute via electronics systems for use by all appropriate functions of the company
- Use customer feedback and data to upgrade, improve or repair the company's existing products.
Provide support during the building and installation process, ensuring that the machine is built properly and according to design specifications
- Finalize designs and send prints to the production department.
- Participate to contribute in failure analysis of mechanical parts and assemblies
- Occasionally travel to customer sites as required for technical product / application support for installation or trouble shooting.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- BSME with 5+ years' experience in engineering role or related experience
- Experience in DFMA and FMEA during new product design will be a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Aptitude for engineering documentation discipline and CAD knowledge, preferably with Inventor
- Strong computer and mathematical skills
- Experience designing HV Generator for X-Ray NDT applications is preferable but not necessary.
- Flexible approach to work and the ability to adapt to change
- Able to work in a team environment
- Self-motivated attitude and the ability to us
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.