Power Electronics Control Engineer
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, a customer focused global provider of high voltage power supplies, X-Ray generator and Monoblocks® - provides custom products for medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research, security, industrial process controls, semiconductor manufacturing and undersea data transmission.
As a Power Electronics Control Engineer at Spellman High Voltage, you will be responsible for the development, implementation, and documentation of digital control loops. This person will bring a deep understanding of power conversion principles as well as Control Theory to the Engineering group within Spellman.
- Develops control algorithms and firmware for power converters
- Performs modeling and simulation for power converters
- Plans and performs firmware validation using HIL and real hardware
- Participates in inverter and control circuitry hardware design
- Implements, tests and troubleshoots firmware and hardware
- Creates technical reports and presentations
- Inverter control loop research, development, implementation, simulation, and verification
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the development of control firmware for power converters and/or electric motors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the development of control firmware for power converters and/or electric motors.
- Deep understanding of power conversion principles and basic converter topologies
- Feedback control theory, tuning and stability analysis in continuous and discrete domain
- Embedded control design, working knowledge of C
- Experience with circuit simulation and code generation software
- Digital control of inverters or other power conversion digital control techniques
- Knowledge of power electronics hardware
- Knowledge of real time operating systems, digital signal processing, and digital control
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.