Environmental, Health, Safety, and Security Specialist
EHS&S Manager, Hauppauge
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, a customer focused global provider of high voltage power supplies, X-Ray generator and Monoblocks® - provides custom products for medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research, security, industrial process controls, semiconductor manufacturing and undersea data transmission.
The position supports site leadership through the preparation of reports, tracking of metrics (KPI), creation of meeting materials and execution of special projects as assigned.
- Facilitates the environmental, health, safety, and security regulation compliance for Hauppauge and Valhalla locations.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of health and safety policies and procedures to minimize the risk of job-related injuries or accidents.
- Work with leaders from other functional areas to inspect the workplace to identify health and safety hazards and take actions to correct and prevent them.
- Educate employees on safe and healthy working conditions and behaviors to help prevent hazards in the workplace trough risk analysis.
- Develop, implement, and oversee training programs for employees in areas such as compliance training, lab/plant inspection, hazardous material handling, emergency response, industrial hygiene, etc.
- Oversee licensed hazardous waste disposal and monitors waste handling.
- Investigate incidents and ensures all appropriate reports are prepared in a timely manner and maintained according to internal procedure and government regulations.
- Support emergency procedures implementation and ensure emergency teams are prepared for potential incidents.
- Ensure appropriate corrective action is taken where environmental, health, safety, and security hazards exist.
- Conduct ergonomic evaluations
- Conduct EHS&S audits
- Engage in collaborative solution creation and implementation with other employees.
- Update manager monthly with EHS&S KPI’s and relevant metrics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Science or related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in EHS&S preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of ISO14001, ISO26000, ISO45001 standard and Human Performance.
- Experience with OSHA and local safety regulations.
- Experience in training
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Project, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and training skills
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.