Embedded Systems Engineer
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
The Embedded Systems Engineer serves as a critical link who will aid in accomplishing mission critical deliveries both for internal and external customers. The candidate will perform code modifications across various digital devices and GUI’s. The candidate should be comfortable designing new hardware platforms. He/She will interface with customers and all layers of the engineering team.
- C Programming of firmware
- Visual Basic programming of test and development graphical user interfaces
- Support of existing/New embedded projects including: Microchip PIC 17C756A, Phillips 8051, and Motorola DSP56F807, TI 2812, TI28335
- Digital system design including RTOS, ADC's, DAC's, UART's, RS-485, RS-232, embedded Ethernet, USB, microcontrollers, DSP’s, RAM, SRAM, EEPROM, Configurators, switching low-voltage power supplies, pulse-width modulation devices, discrete logic, FPGA’s
- Use emulators, debuggers, JTAG, integrated development environments, and other design and verification tools
- Design test and development fixtures and conduct in depth failure analysis, both hardware and firmware for the product
- Interface with customers to understand their requirements / problems and use this understanding to create specifications
- Communicate with and support analog engineers, project leaders, project managers, manufacturing and test groups
- Document / update specifications based on actual work done
- Create programming procedures
- Create ECN’s and perform change support and version control of firmware and software
- Perform design verification testing and documentation
- Stay current on new technologies through attendance at vendor sponsored seminars and workshops
- R&D new products / technologies
- Minimum of BS/BT EE or equivalent 4 year degree
- At least 4 years of relevant embedded systems design experience
- Must have understanding of Microcontrollers, how to program them and make code mods
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Occasional travel to resolve problems at customer's sites
- Must be independent and self-motivated, demonstrate strong analytical skills and creative thinking
Working conditions are normal for both an office and manufacturing environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.