Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
Engineering is at the heart of Spellman High Voltage’s success as a leader in high voltage power conversion. The Engineering Manager, Valhalla, will lead the team responsible for products used in non-destructive testing, security X-ray applications and general high voltage power conversion. Engineering Managers lead the projects and teams responsible for designing and refining products for specialized customer applications. The Engineering Manager will work with the Executive Vice President, Engineering and the Chief Marketing officer to support customers, plan and direct product development activities and technical road maps, and influence the development of Engineering talent in the organization.
- Take a hands-on approach to leading the Valhalla Engineering team with a focus on project management, staff development and customer satisfaction.
- Execute design projects, ranging from new product development to product, performance, quality and reliability improvements.
- Work directly with customers to identify product needs, provide support and technical expertise to pre- and post-sales teams as well as customer engineering professionals.
- Coordinate priorities and business needs with Manufacturing and Quality departments.
- Plan and formulate engineering programs and organize project staff according to project requirements.
- Participate in strategic discussions regarding products, markets and technical developments.
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements and related specifications.
- Coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and testing problems.
- Evaluate and approve design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Control expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Bachelor’s degree (or above) in Electrical Engineering
- Extensive knowledge of power electronics, power conversion, analog circuit design and functional knowledge of magnetic design principles, both low and high voltage
- High Voltage Power Supply design experience preferred
- Proven success in managing technical projects through a disciplined, detail oriented lens
- Flexible, customer focused orientation with an eye to the strategic needs of the company
- 10 years demonstrated success leading an engineering team, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify and enhance the strengths of team members, coaching, motivating and directing as needed
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally (approximately 10%)
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. Employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by employees’ supervisor and/or manager.
Working conditions are normal for both an office and manufacturing environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone. May be required to lift items up to 30 lbs.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.