Supervisor - Purchasing
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
The Buyer position is to have responsibility for managing the in-bound supply chain for assigned commodities. This includes placing purchase orders, managing cost savings projects, follow-up with suppliers on late deliveries, managing pull-in/push-out triggers from Material Requirements Planning system, and keeping inventory liability to a minimum. The Buyer will manage a wide range of commodities as assigned which could include; PCB’s, electromechanical and electronic components used in the manufacturing of PCBA’s.
- Place Purchase Orders per MRP system notifications
- Manage open purchase orders to ensure that suppliers deliver parts on-time, per commitment.
- Maintain the system data on a real-time basis and ensure its accuracy such that it can be used to make customer commitments.
- Ensure the lowest possible cost in the market for all components is being achieved. Negotiate pricing with suppliers by gaining market information through available media, benchmarking, and comparison with similar technologies/parts.
- Follow-through on parts to ensure arrival and stocking.
- Execute pushouts, pull-ins, and cancellations per MRP requirements.
- Resolve discrepancies in pricing, logistics, and accounting issues with suppliers.
- Lead the effort in defining a disposition plan for all parts that are placed in MRB either upon receipt, during production, or return from a customer. Develop recovery plan with the input of planning and engineering. Coordinate the return of defective material to supplier if appropriate.
- Maintain inventory levels for purchased parts in accordance with established policies and goals throughout the product lifecycle.
- Manage excess and obsolete inventory by developing a recovery or disposition plan.
- Generate RFQ (Request for Quotation) followed by cost analysis to determine lowest total cost of ownership.
- Assist in selection and qualification of suppliers in collaboration with supply chain management and engineering.
- Escalate supply chain issues with suppliers in order to receive a satisfactory response.
- Bachelor’s degree or at least (5) five years of experience in the Electronics industry preferred
- Professional Certifications such as APICS preferred
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Teams, Excel, and Outlook required
- Experience with SharePoint and Glovia a plus
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to adapt to multiple software systems quickly and efficiently.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Strong mathematical aptitude to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, total cost and percentages.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret department procedures, general business periodicals, professional journals, or technical procedures.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the ERP/MRP systems and in-depth understanding of how they work.
- Must have negotiation skills, exhibiting collaborative and creative approaches.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to influence with minimal use of authority.
- Strong analytical skills and use of Excel spreadsheets for data analysis and reporting.
- Good understanding of total cost of ownership and how it applies to decision making.
- General knowledge of electronic components used in the assembly of Printed Circuit Boards
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities.
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. Employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by employees’ supervisor and/or manager.