Manufacturing Engineer I
Analyze existing processes, recommend and implement process improvements. Review documentation requirements, generate manufacturing instructions and procedures, and generate ECN’s to correct errors or improve manufacturability. Develop new processes and introduce new equipment to existing processes. Work under close supervision and consult with senior peers on projects to gain skills and knowledge.
• Develop top level electro-mechanical assembly processes that will improve the efficiency, repeatability and quality of end products and sub assemblies
- Generate time/labor standards and routings to enable an understanding of capacity, load and efficiency
• Work with senior engineers to develop or purchase assembly fixtures and tooling to aid in the manufacture of assemblies and sub assemblies
- Develop and maintain operational procedures related to production
- Generate manufacturing instructions and procedures in support of product build requirements and generate ECN’s as required
- Review defect data, analyze potential root causes and implement corrective actions as required
- 10-20% travel may be required
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or a related field is required
Two to four years experience in an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment
Computer skills: Microsoft Project, Word, Power-point, Excel, Visio, Auto-Cad LT, ERP systems
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots and hard hats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. Employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by employees’ supervisor and/or manager.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly