Global VP, Engineering Technology
SHV designs and produces HVDC power supplies and subsystems for advanced technologies. Founded in 1947, and purchased by the Skeist family in 1968, Spellman has become a world leader in its niche by committing to and organizing around “Understanding and Providing what Customers Value”, a process of multilevel communication and alignment referred to as “Homologation”. This process unifies and engages staff at all levels to provide the commitment and caring - “the Spellman Experience” - that forms an essential foundation for building long-term partnerships with OEMs. These partnerships usually begin when Spellman is asked to design and produce custom high voltage power conversion solutions to be integrated into Original Equipment Developers’ and Manufacturers’ (OEMs’) next generation systems. By helping customers succeed for over 60 years, Spellman has become the preferred provider in most market segments that require high performing DC power.
While Spellman has best-in-class HV design resources in Hauppauge and in the UK, and talented design engineers in China, Valhalla and Bochum, fully qualified to address current requirements, we believe we need a corporate leader with the vision to strengthen our staff, develop the partnerships and resources, create the strategy, and execute the technical roadmaps that will enable Spellman to be the strategic partner our customers will need for tomorrow’s technologies.
The Global VP of Engineering Technology will:
- Ensure that development projects are appropriately resourced and facilitate internal processes and collaboration to shorten development cycles and achievement of stable production;
- Strengthen regional engineering resources to enable local design teams to partner effectively with local OEM design teams to develop products that address regional and application/market segment requirements (e.g. rapid development of more robust, user-friendly and cost-effective products for emerging markets);
- Collaborate with internal Order Acquisition (Sales, Marketing) to support current customers and identify and win new business opportunities;
- Partner with Order Fulfillment (Supply Chain, Production, Customer Service, Quality etc.) functions to enhance product development and introduction, reduce supply chain risk and develop strategic partnerships with best-in-class suppliers and value engineers;
- Continuously improve manufacturing processes, and quickly resolve customer system integration and field reliability issues;
- Create a culture of innovation that will enable Spellman to be a strategic partner to cutting edge global system developers.
Spellman has been developing a high-performance organizational structure and culture intended to:
- Foster each site’s cohesion, energy and creativity;
- Ensure that each site is aligned with each other and with corporate objectives;
- Develop synergies by increasing collaboration between sites and corporate functions.
The resulting organizational structure clarifies lines of reporting at each site, creates corporate leaders of major functions or departments, and enhances cohesion within sites and collaboration across sites by creating an ‘accountability’ reporting structure in which the functional (departmental) leaders at each site report both to their site leader and to their corporate functional leader.
The Global VP of Engineering Technology is a new position created to enhance collaboration of engineering departments across sites and with other departments and develop a proactive strategic approach to:
- Define and execute a technology roadmap;
- Optimize global engineering organization, resources and skills;
- Develop internal and external strategic technical partnerships.
- Represent technology agenda in leadership meetings;
- Maintain knowledge of technology trends relevant to all aspects of HVPC and XR source design;
- Develop global engineering resources with appropriate skills for current and future needs in regional markets and key market segments and applications;
- Develop and execute strategy for design resources in Asia while protecting core IP;
- Collaborate with Operations and Quality to optimize DFM, Reliability, COP, COG, NPI, etc.
- Collaborate with Marketing in the Strategic Learning Process to gain market insights and execute technology and product roadmaps;
- Collaborate with Sales in customer homologation, Key Account Management and pursuit of new business opportunities.
- 10+ years of Engineering leadership in power conversion, system development or a closely related field
- Masters (PhD preferred) in Electrical Engineering
- Proven track record in Organizational and Talent Development
- International Leadership Experience (Asian markets preferred)
- Passionate about collaborating with other disciplines, customers, suppliers to create value
- Committed to fostering High-Performance teamwork
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.