Director of Human Resources
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, the world’s leading provider of high voltage power supplies, X-Ray generator and Monoblocks® provides custom products for medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research, security, industrial process controls, semiconductor manufacturing and intercontinental communications.
The Director of Human Resources, Mexico is responsible for leading ongoing operations, process improvement and talent management initiatives in Human Resources for the Mexico manufacturing division of Spellman High Voltage.
- Provides Human Resources leadership to drive HR strategy, talent management practices, employee retention, employee engagement, organization change and regulatory compliance
- Works closely with senior leaders and managers to create a culture where employees can grow, develop and achieve goals and objectives
- Leads, directs and manages the Human Resources team that supports three manufacturing plants
- Leadership responsibility for the Learning and Development process
- Measures the effectiveness of human resources processes and programs to ensure they are supporting business objectives
- Responsible for the development and implementation of model Human Resources policies and practices (including employee handbook)
- Regularly communicates department progress using weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to local management and Corporate Human Resources
- Prepares and monitors annual budget process for Human Resources operations and Learning and Development
- Knowledgeable of labor relations/union strategies and processes
- Works closely with Corporate Human Resources team to design and execute talent management strategies
- Implements processes to ensure human resources data integrity is designed and maintained locally (TRESS) and globally (UltiPro)
- Develops an employee focused company culture that emphasizes safety, quality, cost containment, continuous improvement and high performance
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Organizational Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Education, or related field required
- A Master’s Degree preferred
- A professional certification is highly preferred
- A minimum of 15 years of professional Human Resources experience, preferably in manufacturing
- A minimum of 5 years prior work experience in a Human Resources management capacity
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) verbal and written communications skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with a strong customer service focus
- Capable of managing projects effectively and setting priorities. Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while driving details and timelines
- Driven to deliver results, takes accountability and ownership of work through process improvement initiatives
- Desire to research and analyze data and information
- Display courage and address conflict head on
- Be a positive change agent
- Make pragmatic decisions quickly
- Demonstrate shop floor presence and engage with staff at a high level
- Foster collaboration and develop team trust
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Outlook, Excel, Power Point and SharePoint at an advanced level
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.