Senior Reliability Engineer
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generators and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
With the soon to be established Reliability & Failure Analysis lab in Hauppauge, we need a strong Senior Reliability Engineer to lead this activity. The role would report to the site and to global quality.
- Develop reliability predictions using Windchill/Relex and/or approved prediction methodologies for mechanical and electrical designs and supplied components.
- Perform Built-In-test (BIT) analysis, implementation and validation.
- Review specifications, drawings, engineering change notices (ECN’s), support product development and configuration control, work with business develop and other organizations as needed.
- Support design reviews, production readiness reviews, New Product Development, and New Product Introduction.
- Establish processes that allow others to successfully adopt and maintain model applications with minimal oversight and act as liaison between data applications and operational departments as well as executives and 3rd parties.
- Act as in-house strategic translator by providing independent verification and thoughtful critique of 3rd party data analysis, in house data analysis, and other sources of reliability information.
- Translate concepts, ideas, new products, new components into clearly defined quantitative models and process optimization objectives that capture both business and user requirements.
- Act as lead in the design, implementation, and evaluation of data models, including the use of multivariate techniques and finite element analysis.
- 5 to 10 years minimum experience as Reliability Engineer.
- Experience in communicating and presenting data and technical concepts to audiences with varying backgrounds.
- Bachelors Degree in mathematics/statistics or engineering.
- Demonstrated quantitative analysis skills and proficiency in working with applications developers, IT, design engineering, and other technical organizations.
- FDA regulatory experience / ISO13485 experience a plus.
- Experience with HALT & HASS.
Working conditions are normal for both an office and manufacturing environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman
High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.